Saturday, January 21, 2012

Birthday card

I started out trying to work some robots or monsters onto this card, but in the end it wasn't looking right, so I turned it into a guy card for a birthday! I am loving it.  I love when that happens.  I am still going to try that monster/robot card though soon! I have to!! It's on my mind and I won't be happy until I make it.  So, I found a few challenges on the net for this card. I am entering it in the Color Throwdown challenge. I also wanted to enter it in The Friday Mashup Challenge which was to create a card using Paper Piercing which I absolutely LOVE to do, I am sure I do that on every card almost. And, lastly, I am entering it in The Pals Paper Arts which provided me with a lovely sketch!

Thanks for stopping by today :)

Tracey





9 comments:

  1. This is a great card! I'm sure the robot card will be wonderful too but I love what you did with the ties and this sketch. I'll be CASEing this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the combo of stripes and dots. Great clean design. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of the colors. Simple and clean and manly! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really eye catching. Great masculine card. Thanks for sharing your card in our challenge.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz
    Friday Mashup DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome manly card!..thanks for joining us at the Friday MashUP, hope your week is fantastic!...I am having a huge blog candy give away, please visit and comment for your chance to win!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! I love the sketch you used and the fun tie image! Thanks for playing the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, Tracey! I love those ties. Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card and working all the challenges in together, it came out great!

    Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great use of the sketch with the color combo! I love your paper piercing it gives it just that little extra pop! Those ties are such a cute stamp image. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete