Friday, April 12, 2013

Freshly Fab Birthday

This week's sketch challenge at Freshly Made Sketches sure had me thinking. I have no new stamp sets, so I tend to go to the same ones a lot.  This is my third attempt at a card for this sketch that I like.  My other two attempts are not show worthy. I seem to have lost my creativity for cards.  With my nice new stamp room, I am lacking motivation and inspiration. Not sure how to fix that.

The colors over at Fab Friday Challenge are beautiful. This was a challenge for me too, but I was able to put them together.   I am really liking my card now the more I look at it. Except, I should have put my little banner in the bottom corner on a separate cardstock first and cut it out, it has taken on the embossing from the crumb cake cardstock!

I did some paper piercing, some embossing and a little bit of stamping.

Thanks for stopping by.
Tracey





6 comments:

  1. Lovely card! Congrats on being the first upload for Fab Friday! I really like how you pulled off the 3 patterns! All the different elements work so well together! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful combination of the colors and the sketch. You've got some great texture with the embossed layer and the linen thread and you can never go wrong with butterflies! Especially when they're accented with pearls!! And I'm sure if you putter around in your new stamp room, the creativity will find you! In the meantime thanks for playing along with us at FMS and I hope you'll be back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! Love the mix of colours you've used and the banner going through the main panel is a wonderful idea! Love the little cluster of butterflies too! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So soft and pretty! I love the paper piercing and the little bit of added texture from the linen thread. Great use of the colors and sketch together. Thanks for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty card! I love your layered labels and piercing. The butterflies are gorgeous and fit perfectly in the frame -- great focal point. Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you decided to join us on Fab Friday! This is simply a fab card! I love the pearls on the honeycomb EF (my favorite)! Thanks so much for joining us this week... look forward to your next post!

    ReplyDelete