Friday, September 13, 2013

Merry Monday #74

Two posts in one day, Two CARDS in one day. I am on a roll. I rearranged my craft room, that must be why I managed to get creative today.

The challenge this week over at Merry Monday is to make a card with woodgrain and it be green and white.  Tough one, but I like how it turned out.

I have no stamps with woodgrain, no embossing folders, nothing with woodgrain. So, I made my own with my bone folder, hope it looks ok.   I made it to look like wainscot walls or a log cabin!
Again today, I used my new technique making the snowflake smaller, I love it!!!!!! 
Thanks for stopping by.
Tracey



12 comments:

  1. Very pretty and I think your "homemade" woodgrain looks great! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your little tree scene and that snowflake accent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracey, your homemade wood grain is fabulous and is perfect with your view through a window.
    Thank you for joining us at the Merry Monday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the beautiful winter scene you have created - such a fantastic technique to spotlight a gorgeous stamp set! Your woodgrain is a great idea! Love how it looks like wood planks - clever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful window looking out to a lovely winter scene! And your 'paneling' is the perfect 'wood'!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Saw your card on Merry Monday. Very clever use of the bone folder to create the woodgrain effect -- it's perfect! Your card makes me feel like I'm looking through a window. Lovely, lovely card!

    ~Shery

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a great job on making the wall look like wood! How clever of you to come up with your own method of making wood grain!! Your card is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you made your own woodgrain, Tracey! It looks wonderful! Sweet little snowflake! I'm going to remember that great idea! Thanks so much for bringing this by to share with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card Tracey, I love scene you have created. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your card as well, Tracey. It really does look as though you are looking out a window at a beautiful winter scene!! your wood-grain turned out great !!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this card is just beautiful! The stitching on my card is from a die cut. I'm sorry I did not list it..only because I use it all the time. It stitched rectangles from Lil Inkers Design ...I use them all the time for almost every card! Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete