Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Pretty in Real Red!

Lesley, over at Always Playing with Paper, has a sketch challenge this week. I joined in on many of her challenges last year, and it was so nice to have Christmas cards made up a head of time! I only had to make a handful of cards in December. So, I am going to try and play along with her challenges again this year!!!


So here is my first Christmas card of 2013. I like this sketch and I could easily made a few of these at a time.  I opted to make a label with the Top Note die instead of the circle. My circle cutter is not the easiest thing to use, and it's hiding in a box somewhere anyways in the basement!

I used the Candlelight Christmas paper, Real Red CS, and Very Vanilla CS, with Early Espresso for the ink.

Real Red is very difficult to photograph!!

Thanks!

Tracey



6 comments:

  1. Such a pretty take on the sketch Tracey!!! I love the way you stamped the image and just coloured the berries. SO clever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous--that DP is so pretty with this image! So glad you joined us this week at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card, the red is very eye-catching. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty, Tracey! Love this image and how you inked it in one color! Great paper choice and fabulous sentiment! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Mondays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is just beautiful, Tracey! I love the colors you used! So glad you're going to try to play along with us at Merry Monday this year! It's so nice to have a stack of handmade Christmas card come December!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tracey, this image is beautiful with just the berries showing color and the perfect paper behind! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday! It's so good to see you back!

    ReplyDelete